Platforms: Epic Games Store, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Steam, Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S
Scheduled Release: 9/7/2022, 8 a.m. PDT / 3 p.m. UTC
- Season 8 Rocket Pass, featuring the ‘Honda Civic Type R’ car, has begun
- The new ‘Sovereign Heights’ Arena can be found in Online Playlists, Private Matches, and Free Play
- Season 7 Rewards are dropping for all eligible players
- Additional Patch Notes for the game update on 9/6/2022 (v2.20) can be found here
- Season 8 Rocket Pass, featuring the ‘Honda Civic Type R,’ has begun
- The Honda Civic Type R uses the Octane hitbox
- EdgeLight: Painted versions of the Honda Civic Type R and Honda Civic Type R-LE feature a new treatment called EdgeLight. This adds a glowing visual effect to the trim.
- Painted variants of the Honda Civic Type R and Honda Civic Type R-LE are found in Season 8 Rocket Pass Pro Tiers
- EdgeLight cannot be disabled on Painted variants of the Type R
- Season 8 Tournaments are now available
- Any unspent Season 7 Tournament Credits automatically convert into rewards
- Tournament Credits have converted to the highest level reward you are capable of earning based on your Tournament Rank and the amount of Tournament Credits you have remaining
- Every player who played in at least one tournament this season will receive one All-Star cup
- Stage 1 Challenges for Season 8 are now live
- Season 8 Competitive has started
- Season 8 Changes
- A soft reset has been applied to all Competitive Playlists, similar to previous seasons
CHANGES AND UPDATES
- Added Forbidden Temple (Day) to the Competitive Playlist rotation
- Removed Starbase ARC (Aftermath) from all Online Playlists
New Arena Variant
- The new ‘Sovereign Heights’ Arena can be found in Online Playlists
Season 7 Competitive Rewards
- Season 7 Competitive has ended. Season Reward Items and Titles will be awarded for your highest Rank achieved during the season, and successful completion of the appropriate Season Reward Levels.
- Season 7 Rewards are non-tradable Boosts
- Bronze I or higher – Season 7 – Bronze Boost
- Silver I or higher – Season 7 – Silver Boost + lower Boost
- Gold I or higher – Season 7 – Gold Boost + lower Boosts
- Platinum I or higher – Season 7 – Platinum Boost + lower Boosts
- Diamond I or higher – Season 7 – Diamond Boost + lower Boosts
- Champion I or higher – Season 7 – Champion Boost + lower Boosts
- Grand Champion I – Season 7 – Grand Champion Boost + lower Boosts
- Supersonic Legend – Season 7 – Supersonic Legend Boost + lower Boosts
- Grand Champion Titles (in Crimson text)
- Competitive Grand Champion: "S7 GRAND CHAMPION"
- Rumble Grand Champion: "S7 RNG CHAMP"
- Hoops Grand Champion: "S7 DUNK MASTER"
- Snow Day Grand Champion: "S7 BLIZZARD WIZARD"
- Dropshot Grand Champion: "S7 FLOOR DESTROYER"
- Supersonic Legend Titles (in Titanium White text)
- Competitive Supersonic Legend: "S7 SUPERSONIC LEGEND"
- Rumble Supersonic Legend: "S7 RNGENIUS"
- Hoops Supersonic Legend: "S7 LEGENDARY BALLER"
- Snow Day Supersonic Legend: "S7 ICE TITAN"
- Dropshot Supersonic Legend: "S7 TILE ANNIHILATOR"
For a complete list of known issues in Rocket League, go here