The Rocket League Championship Series is just over a week away and we are excited to kick-off the largest tournament in Rocket League history! Over the last couple of weeks, we’ve heard feedback from the community and we’ve made a few changes to the Official Rules.
We wanted to highlight some of the changes to look out for while you read them over:
- Map banning has been removed from the rules
- Added clarification for the Group Stage rules.
- Each matchup in the Group Stage is a five-game series in which teams play all five games.
- The Group Stage does not utilize the “Best-of-five” format.
- Expanded rules on substitutions during a series
- Expanded rules on server re-hosting procedure
- Expanded rules for handling disconnects in online matches
- Expanded rules concerning dispute reporting and handling
- Added rule provisions prohibiting gambling on RLCS matches
- Specified sponsorship restrictions for teams
- Expanded rules to allow physical thumbstick mods