Rocket League Fit Check Contest Rules
Rocket League Fit Check Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID IN BRAZIL, ITALY, AND WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW OR INTERNATIONAL PUBLIC POLICY (WHICH INCLUDES, WITHOUT LIMITATION CUBA, IRAN, IRAQ, NORTH KOREA, SOMALIA, SUDAN, SYRIA, AND THE REGIONS OF CRIMEA, DONETSK, AND LUHANSK), OR WHERE REGISTRATION, FILING OR NOTICE REQUIREMENTS MAY EXIST (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RESTRICTED JURISDICTIONS”).
Please read these rules before entering the contest (the “Contest”). By entering and participating in the Contest, you (or, if you are a minor/below the age of majority in your place of residence, your parent or legal guardian on your behalf) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements set forth below.
Contest may be entered in or from any jurisdiction except where void or prohibited by law or these Official Rules (the “Eligible Jurisdictions”) and entries originating from any void or prohibited jurisdiction are not eligible for entry.
1. How to Enter. During the Contest Period (defined below), take a screenshot (“Photo”) of your Rocket League (“Game”) car subject to the following parameters: car must be in Sovereign Heights Arena; entrant must expressly identify the items used in their preset (e.g., decal, car body, wheels, boost, topper, etc.) in a list (“Items List”); Photo must be an in-Game screenshot with no watermarks; use of ReplayFX is permitted and encouraged, provided there is no use of 3D renderings or 3rd-party apps or editors. Entrant must upload the Photo along with the Items List with the hashtag #FitCheckContest via one of the following methods:
Via Twitter: Log onto your Twitter account and follow the links and instructions to become a follower of Sponsor’s page on Twitter, located at @Rocketleague (“Sponsor’s Twitter Page”). Tweet the Photo and the Items List with the hashtag #FitCheckContest. You must be an active holder of a non-private Twitter account and be a follower of Sponsor’s Twitter Page to be eligible to enter the Contest via Twitter (i.e., you must make sure your tweets are set to “public” and not “private”). You must have a Twitter account to enter via this method. If you do not have a Twitter account, you can create one by visiting www.twitter.com. Entrants can return their accounts to “private” and “unfollow” Sponsor’s Twitter Page any time after the end of the Contest Period. All terms and conditions of the Twitter platform apply. Twitter accounts are free.
Via Instagram: Access the Instagram application on your mobile device, and follow the links and instructions to become a follower of @rocketleague (“Sponsor’s Instagram Page”). Post the Photo and the Items List with the hashtags #FitCheckContest. You must make sure the “Private Account” option in the account settings on your Instagram account are set to “OFF”. You must have an Instagram app and account to enter via this method. If you do not have the Instagram app, you may download it through the application store on your device. Entrants can return their accounts to “private” and “unfollow” Sponsor’s Instagram Page any time after the end of the Contest Period. All terms and conditions of the Instagram platform apply. The Instagram app is free.
Via Discord: Access the Discord platform and click through to the Rocket League server at https://discord.gg/rocketleague (“Sponsor’s Discord Channel”). Post the Photo and the Items List with the hashtags #FitCheckContest to Sponsor’s Discord Channel. All terms and conditions of the Discord platform apply. Accessing Discord is free.
The Game is available at: https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/rocket-league. The Game is free to play. Entrants are required to comply with all Game rules and regulations, including, but not limited to, https://www.psyonix.com/eula/ and https://www.psyonix.com/tou/ (the “Game Rules”). All terms and conditions of any Contest website also apply. Failure to do so may result in an entrant’s disqualification. In the event of any conflict between these Official Rules and the Game Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail.
If you choose to enter using your mobile device, standard data fees may apply. You should consult your wireless service provider’s pricing plan for details. You agree to incur any and all charges demanded by your wireless carrier. You should also check your device’s features for capabilities and check the device manual for specific use instructions.
2. Submissions. All entry information, Photos, and Items Lists shall be collectively referred to herein as the “Submissions” or each as a “Submission.” Submissions must comply with the Guidelines and Restrictions defined below.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to entrant’s Submission: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the Submission and entrant has all appropriate rights, powers and authority to grant Sponsor all licenses to the Submission as set forth herein; and (b) the Submission will not infringe on any rights of any third parties.
As a condition of entry, each entrant (and, if an eligible minor, such entrant’s parent or legal guardian) hereby grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, perpetual (or for the duration of protection of rights where perpetuity is void), irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, sublicensable, and royalty free license to use, modify, reproduce, prepare derivative works of, distribute, perform, and display the Submission in any and all media or technology throughout the world, now known or later developed (but for Columbian, Greek, and Spanish participants, in any medium or technology known at the time when such rights were granted), but only in connection with publicizing the Contest. ENTRANTS WILL NOT BE SPECIFICALLY PAID FOR THEIR SUBMISSIONS or for granting Sponsor any of these rights. While Sponsor will seek to post the Submission in the form as provided at the time of entry, each entrant (and, if an eligible minor, such entrant’s parent or legal guardian) agrees that due to technical limitations and internal standards, such entrant’s Submission may be altered from its original form and that Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Submission in its sole discretion, including adding its logo or other trademarks. Sponsor may post Submissions in any order or sequence, with or without commentary, and may select an image to serve as a thumbnail in its sole discretion.
Limit one (1) Submission per person during the Contest Period; if an entrant makes a Submission through more than one (1) of the applicable social media entities, only one Submission will be accepted as determined in Sponsor’s discretion. Submissions must be uploaded to new Photo pages created during the Contest Period. Duplicate Submissions by the same person will be subject to disqualification. All terms and conditions of Twitter.com, Instagram.com, Discord.com and/or any Contest website apply. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter, Instagram, Discord or email account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Twitter, Instagram, or Discord, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any Twitter, Instagram or Discord account, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register on the platform or for the account will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential Winning Entrant (as defined below) may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
3. Disclaimer. Sponsor will not be responsible for (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted, inaccurate, incomplete or damaged transmissions or entries, if not directly caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of Sponsor; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures, if not directly caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of Sponsor; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Entrants must comply with the applicable laws, decrees, regulations and guidelines of their Eligible Jurisdiction, and Sponsor will have no obligation to change or modify any of these Official Rules or take any further action as a result of such laws, decrees, regulations or guidelines of any Eligible Jurisdiction, except as is otherwise provided in these Official Rules.
4. Contest Entry Start/End Dates. Contest begins at 2:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) on September 19, 2022 and ends at 10:00 AM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on November 23, 2022 (“Contest Period”).
5. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of (i.e., entrants who have a registered address in) the Eligible Jurisdictions, who are at least thirteen (13) years of age; provided, that if an entrant is a minor/below the age of majority in such entrant’s place of residence, such entrant must have permission from a parent or legal guardian in order to participate in the Contest. Void in the Restricted Jurisdictions. Employees, officers and directors of Psyonix LLC (“Sponsor”) and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of promotion materials, content providers, producers and distributors of content and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse, uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces, grandparents, and in-laws, regardless of where they live) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to enter. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the Eligible Jurisdictions. All applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply.
6. Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions: By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees that entrant’s Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove any Submission and disqualify an entrant from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the entrant’s Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
The Submission must include the hashtag #FitCheckContest in the title and be directly accessible by Sponsor.
The Submission must be shared on Instagram, Twitter and/or Discord
The Submission must include original, in-Game content only.
The Submission must be in .jpg or .png format.
The Submission should not require any additional software to run.
The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes any rights of any other party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or any other intellectual property rights;
The Submission must include original content only, achieved/created by the person who submits the entry. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize Submissions from any source (this is inclusive of, but not limited to, concept art), nor may Submissions include third-party copyrighted material or artwork without the copyright holder’s permission;
The Submission must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party;
The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of the Eligible Jurisdiction or of any jurisdiction where Submission is created or submitted; and
The Submission must be consistent with the image and values of Sponsor and be consistent with and satisfy the purpose of the Contest.
Each entrant acknowledges that other entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Submission that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in entrant’s Submission. Each entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall not have any claim against any other entrant or Sponsor arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity.
Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest, including, but not limited to, interpretation and application of these Official Rules. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Additionally, entrants must sign and return the Prize Release (as defined below) as requested by Sponsor to perfect the grant of rights in favor of Sponsor with respect to entrant’s Submission pursuant to the terms indicated in these Official Rules, if necessary.
7. Judging Panel/Judging Criteria. All Submissions will be pre-screened to ensure compliance with the Submission Guidelines and with Sponsor’s general standards and practices prior to any judging (“Qualified Submissions. A panel of Sponsor’s Design and Community team members (“Panel”) will select the fifteen (15) Winning Entrants in three (3) phases from the Qualified Submissions received during the Contest Period pursuant to the schedule below and according to the following equally-weighted judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”): (a) stylishness (b) “cleanness”; and (c) overall quality of image. Sponsor and the information contained on Sponsor’s servers relating to dates and times shall be the sole determiner of the Winning Entrant(s).
Phase 1: Contest start date through October 10, 2022;
Phase 2: October 11, 2022 through November, 1, 2022; and
Phase 3: November 2, 2022 through Contest end date.
In the event of a tie, the tying Qualified Submissions will be re-evaluated by the Panel.
The fifteen (15) highest scoring Qualified Submissions for the Contest Period will be deemed the potential Winning Entrants (“Winning Entrants”). Judging scores will not be revealed.
8. Prizes. If eligible under these Official Rules, fifteen (15) Winning Entrants will receive the following prizes:
One (1) “Style Icon” Player Title
One (1) “Style Icon” Player Banner
One (1) Rocket Pass code for Season 9
(Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $11.00 USD/€11,05*)
* Euros conversion provided for informational purposes only, based on exchange rates as of September 8, 2022.
Cosmetic prizes (namely, the Player Titles and Banners) (“Cosmetic Prizes”) have no value (retail or otherwise), outside of a Game account. Subject to the terms and conditions herein, Cosmetic Prizes awarded in connection with the Contest will be granted directly to each Winner’s Game account within ninety (90) days of receipt of the completed Prize Release, or such other time as reasonably required by Sponsor for such grant. A winner’s use of a Cosmetic Prize in the Game will be governed by the Game Rules. Sponsor has the right to enforce the Game Rules against each Winning Entrant.
Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. If any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or a potential Winning Entrant does not respond within seven (7) days of notification, or refuses to execute an applicable document, prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winning Entrant. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
AWARDS OF PRIZES TO POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRANTS ARE SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS REQUIREMENT THAT THEY SUBMIT TO SPONSOR ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED BY SPONSOR TO PERMIT IT COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL, LOCAL OR OTHER TAX REPORTING LAW OR REGULATIONS IN THE UNITED STATES AND IN THEIR RESPECTIVE JURISDICTION. ALL PRIZES WILL BE NET OF ANY TAXES SPONSOR IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO WITHHOLD. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL TAXES IMPOSED ON PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNING ENTRANTS. Refusal by any entrant to submit such documentation or complete any required forms or obligations shall result in such Winning Entrant forfeiting the prize, leaving it unclaimed.
Limit one (1) prize per person or household. The difference between the actual and the approximate ARV will not be awarded.
9. Notification. Potential Winning Entrants (s) will be notified in phases pursuant to the following schedule: five (5) Winning Entrants for Phase 1 will be announced on or about October 7, 2022; the next five (5) Winning Entrants for Phase 2 will be announced on or about November 4, 2022; and the final five (5) Winning Entrants for Phase 3 will be announced on or about December 2, 2022 by an appropriate method, as described below, and may be required to sign and return, where legal, a Prize Acceptance and Release Form (“Prize Release”) within five (5) days of receipt. If any potential Winning Entrant is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the Prize Release must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian.
FOR RESIDENTS OF FRANCE, GREECE, ARGENTINA, CHILE, THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION, AND BELGIUM ONLY: Each potential Winning Entrant will receive a Publicity Release Form designed to obtain his/her free consent to use his/her full name, likeness, city of residence and Submission for promotional purposes and without additional compensation. In any case, a lack of consent does not prevent such potential Winning Entrant from receiving the prize.
If a Twitter entrant is a potential Winning Entrant, he/she will be notified by a Twitter direct message (note: in order to receive such direct message, potential Winning Entrant has to (a) be following Sponsor’s Twitter Page and (b) may have to have his/her Tweet Privacy settings “unchecked”).
If an Instagram entrant is a potential Winning Entrant, he/she will be notified by a direct message on his/her Instagram account.
If a Discord entrant is a potential Winning Entrant, he/she will be notified by a direct message and/or by Sponsor posting a comment to the potential Winning Entrant’s Submission on Sponsor’s Discord Channel.
Upon formal notification from Sponsor, a potential Winning Entrant shall have seventy-two (72) hours from the date such notice was sent to respond and provide any information or materials requested by Sponsor, including (a) the Prize Release and (b) such potential Winning Entrant’s Game support code, for purposes of verification of eligibility. The date of receipt by Sponsor shall be decisive for a potential Winning Entrant’s compliance with the deadlines set forth in this section. The failure by such Entrant to timely respond to any notification may result in such Entrant’s disqualification as a potential Winning Entrant, in which case such Entrant shall not be entitled to win any prizes in connection with the Contest. In such cases, Sponsor may select the next highest scoring entry from among the remaining Qualified Submissions as an alternate potential Winning Entrant.
Without limiting the foregoing, an alternate potential Winning Entrant may be selected from among the next highest scoring remaining Qualified Submissions if a potential Winning Entrant: (a) cannot be reached; (b) fails to obtain all signatures on the Prize Release and to return the document in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (c) cannot or will not accept or receive the prize for any reason.
A potential Winning Entrant will only be deemed a Winning Entrant once the verification process has been completed by Sponsor pursuant to these Official Rules.
Sponsor may withhold tax payments on a Winning Entrant’s behalf in its reasonable discretion, using the applicable backup withholding rates, or if required by law or treaty. However, a Winning Entrant is ultimately responsible for any taxes due in connection with any awarded prize he/she receives from Sponsor pursuant to such Winning Entrant’s participation in the Contest. Each Winning Entrant must provide Sponsor with (y) such Winning Entrant’s banking information, as requested by Sponsor, and (z) a completed W-9, W-8BEN, or W-8BENE tax form, including, if necessary, such Winning Entrant’s U.S. or foreign Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), as appropriate based on such Winning Entrant’s circumstances. Sponsor will not be responsible for any failure to award any prizes in connection with the Contest arising from incomplete, incorrect, or out of date payment or tax information. Winning Entrants should please consult their tax advisors if they have questions on the taxability to them in connection with the Contest.
10. Conditions. BY PARTICIPATING, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, AND SUBJECT TO THE NON-EXCLUDABLE GUARANTEES (DEFINED BELOW), EACH ENTRANT AND WINNING ENTRANT (OR, IF A MINOR/BELOW THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN SUCH ENTRANT’S/WINNING ENTRANT’S PLACE OF RESIDENCE, SUCH ENTRANT’S/WINNING ENTRANT’S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN ON SUCH ENTRANT’S/WINNING ENTRANT’S BEHALF) AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ITS PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, DISCORD AND THEIR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONS AGENCIES, CONTENT PROVIDERS, PRODUCERS AND DISTRIBUTORS OF CONTENT, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED ENTITIES”), FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, FOR LOSS, HARM, DAMAGE, INJURY, COST OR EXPENSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH, PREPARATION FOR, TRAVEL TO, OR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, OR POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY, AND FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY-RELATED CAUSE OF ACTION. Participation in the Contest and acceptance of a prize constitutes each Winning Entrant’s ’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state/province/territory), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, and/or any statements made by each Winning Entrant regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with the Contest in any way shall be disqualified. Entrants acknowledge and agree that their participation in the Contest are not and do not create any confidential, fiduciary, employment, agency or other special relationship between entrant and Sponsor. Subject to the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Sponsor is not responsible if the Contest cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to any event beyond Sponsor’s control, including, but not limited to, travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, acts of terrorism, any act of governmental or military authorities (foreign or domestic), outbreak of disease or other public health hazard, natural disasters, weather, or labor dispute or strike.
11. Additional Terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. To the extent permitted by applicable law, and subject to the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in the Contest or downloading any materials in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest and/or as a result of any applicable law, regulation, decree or guideline. In such case, Sponsor may select the Winning Entrant’s from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. If Sponsor decides to cancel or modify the Contest in accordance with these Official Rules, it will provide a notice of such cancellation or modification at http://www.rocketleague.com/news/strut-your-stuff-in-the-fit-check-community-contest/. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST, OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW (a) THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES ON APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS; AND (b) LIMITATIONS ON A CONTRACTING PARTY’S LIABILITY WITH REGARDS TO DAMAGES OR DEATH CAUSED DUE TO ITS NEGLIGENCE OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY IN SOME CASES. THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT BE ENFORCEABLE IN ALL JURISDICTIONS AND THEREFORE MAY NOT APPLY TO ALL ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS. FURTHER, NOTHING IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS EXCLUDES OR MODIFIES OR PURPORTS TO LIMIT, EXCLUDE OR MODIFY ANY STATUTORY CONSUMER GUARANTEES OR ANY IMPLIED CONDITION OR WARRANTY, THE EXCLUSION OF WHICH FROM THESE OFFICIAL RULES WOULD CONTRAVENE ANY STATUTE OR CAUSE ANY PART OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO BE VOID (“NON-EXCLUDABLE GUARANTEES”). CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
13. Disputes; Governing Law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Contest.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. The parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Superior Court of Wake County, North Carolina, or, if federal court jurisdiction exists, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
15. Name of Winner/List of Winners. To obtain a list of winners, including country and/or city and state/other jurisdiction of residence, as applicable, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope with sufficient postage to: RL FitCheck Contest-Winners List, Psyonix LLC, 401 West A Street, Suite 2400, San Diego, CA 92101. Requests must be received no more than ninety (90) days after the end of the Contest.
16. Sponsor. Psyonix LLC, 401 West A Street, Suite 2400, San Diego, CA 92101, United States of America.
If one or more provisions of these Official Rules shall be found invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Official Rules shall not be affected in any way thereby.
THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM OR DISCORD. YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO SPONSOR AND NOT TO TWITTER, INSTAGRAM OR DISCORD.
These Official Rules and any changes to the Official Rules will be posted online at: https://www.rocketleague.com/fit-check-rules/